February 8, 2007

DOS Announces Change in Filing Procedures for I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

The U.S. Department of State announced that Form I-130 must now be filed with the USCIS office responsible for the applicant's place of residence. Form I-130 will no longer be accepted for direct filing at U.S. Embassies or Consulates abroad due to their inability to conduct necessary background checks required under the new Adam-Walsh Child and Safety Protection Act.


January 23, 2007

Announcement of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

Effective January 23, 2007, U.S. citizens will need a passport to enter the United States by air from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, South and Central America, and the Caribbean. Citizens of Mexico, Canada, and Bermuda will also now have to have a passport when entering the United States by air. For more information, please visit:





Contact Us  |  Disclaimer  |  Make an INFOPASS Appointment

© 2009 Rose Carson Kaplan Choi & White LLP